Sunday, September 19, 2010

My quest.


If you have known me long my quest for fitness and good health has been a long time pursuit. From diet to diet, to joining the gym, to trying the latest fad. To no avail the goal seems to be met with failing to reach it, whatever it is. Last year when I was battling cancer Lucy was competing in her second triathlon. I remember saying to her and myself, "I want to do one of these when I get well". Well, well I am and I'm challenging myself to something more than just letting life go by. With the pending wedding and the goal to not look like a 51 year old over- weight mob (mother of the bride). I'm donning my tennis shoes and setting out to beat the odds.

My first race is Oct 2, the Women's Only. A race for the cure for breast cancer. Last year this was Carrie, Lucy and me walking. I plan to run much of this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment