Saturday, October 23, 2010

After 30 years

As mentioned in an earlier blog today was the first time in 30 years that I've been to the State Fair. We had a wonderful time. We got to Raleigh at 10:15, picked up Jeff and Ginna and headed towards "the people". Marshall had made a comment that maybe everyone has already visited the fair since it ends tomorrow. Well that was the farthest thing from the truth! We paid our $10 for parking and entered with plans to spluge on a few dietary no no's.

Yes, we tried the Deep Fried Snickers!

It was lots of fun and thankfully my emotions were in tack and I really didn't think at all about 30 years ago, I'm just glad I am where I am in my life.

We spent about 3 hours walking around sampling all the "forbidden" fruits and rode and very mild ferris wheel, which left everyone's stomachs in tack. I am thankful for a fun day and time with the soon to be marrieds. We might take the train next time.



Getting ready to take in the sites!
Ginna and Jeff on the Ferris Wheel

No comments:

Post a Comment